# Download the Latest Blockchain
A running node requires up-to-date blockchain database for operation. Use the links below to download blockchain_last.tar archive containing the latest database.
Note: By default the blockchain data is stored in
data folder that is located in base application directory.
See the default base application directory for different operating systems in Default Application Directory section of the Node Configuration article.
Please be aware that the downloaded archive file can contain wrong data or balances, so please download the blockchain database only from a trusted source.
# Latest Downloadable Database (the state from nodes.wavesnodes.com)
- Mainnet: http://blockchain.wavesnodes.com/
- Testnet: http://blockchain-testnet.wavesnodes.com/
- Stagenet: http://blockchain-stagenet.wavesnodes.com/
Note: The linked files are updated regularly.
# Steps (Linux DEB)
To download and implement the latest node blockchain database, complete the followiong steps:
- Download the
blockchain_last.tararchive from one of the provided links.
- Run the checksum with some tool to test files (checksum of the blockchain_last.tar file should be the same as inside blockchain_last.tar.SHA1SUM file).
- Empty the existing data folder with the followong command:
sudo rm -rdf /var/lib/waves/data.
- Unpack the database files in the data folder with the following command:
tar -xvf blockchain_last.tar -C /var/lib/waves/data.
- Run the node with the following command:
sudo systemctl start waves.
# Alternative Unpacking Method (Linux)
Traditional method of downloading and unpacking requires a lot of disc space. In some cases the disc space is only enough for the blockchain itself and very little extra. Linux users can save disc space by using one of the following commands to unpack the archive during the downloading, so that the unpacked database files will be saved on disc without storing the archive.
If the node is installed from DEB package, run the following commands:
cd /var/lib/waves sudo -u waves bash -c "wget -qO- http://blockchain.wavesnodes.com/blockchain_last.tar --show-progress | tar xf -"
If the node is running from a JAR file, navigate to the
data folder where the node's database is stored and run the following command:
wget -qO- http://blockchain.wavesnodes.com/blockchain_last.tar --show-progress | tar xf -